[ic] MySQL Hell

Scott Goodman scott@searchbc.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:16:16 -0700

> When you ran /usr/local/minivend/bin/makecat to set up the Barry Demo, did
>    you choose the option to use MySQL? Also, did you get confirmation from the
>    makecat script that the Barry demo was succesfully imported into the MySQL
>    db?

Yes and yes.

I did, however, delete the sample data from the mysql products table and
insert my own. I didn't touch the products.txt, which is how I determined that
I was getting the wrong data (it was coming from the old text file).

I've messed around with installing a fresh demo and found that a) if I change
something in the text file it doesn't change on the html page b) If I modify
data in the SQL table it displays correctly on the html page c) If I INSERT a
row into the SQL table it does NOT show up on the html page. d) If I remove
products.txt altogether I get no results at all. I'm horribly confused.

I also followed the following from the IC docs:

<quote>
Why do I even need an ASCII file?

Interchange wants some source for column names initially. If you don't want to
have one,
just create a TABLENAME.sql file in the products directory. For example, if
you have
this:

Database products products.txt dbi:mysql:test_minivend

   then create a file products/products.sql. For
Database pricing pricing.txt dbi:mysql:test_minivend
create a file products/pricing.sql. Etc.
</quote>

This didn't work either.

I've been at this one issue for hours now. Getting pretty frustrating!
scott