[ic] reading a session

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:52:39 -0400

Quoting Mathias Picker (mathiasp@venus.virtual-earth.de):
> How do I read a session, given the sessionname

You don't. Next question? 8-)

Seriously, you don't want to do this. If you are going to save a session and
do something specific with it, do it explicitly to a file, i.e.:

	my $sess_string = $Tag->uneval( { ref => $Session } );
	$Tag->writefile("tmp/$Session->{id}.save", $sess_string);

Then in your retrieve (which must be a Global usertag), do something like:

	my $safe = new Safe;
	my $sess_string = $Tag->file("tmp/$id_to_retrieve.save");
	my $session_ref = $safe->reval($sess_string);

This disconnected-payment stuff is unreliable and is a real pain.
If the response is nearly real-time, you can pass the session in the
ID. Or you can set the session expire time higher.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill