[ic] reading a session

Mathias Picker mathiasp@venus.virtual-earth.de
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:33:28 +0200 (CEST)

On 28 Aug, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Mathias Picker (mathiasp@venus.virtual-earth.de):
> [...]
 	$Tag->writefile("tmp/$Session->{id}.save", $sess_string);
Well I needed
	Vend::util::writefile(....)

> Then in your retrieve (which must be a Global usertag), do something like:
>
> 	my $safe = new Safe;
> 	my $sess_string = $Tag->file("tmp/$id_to_retrieve.save");
> 	my $session_ref = $safe->reval($sess_string);

And what does this get me?? What is $session_ref, can I make it to my
session, so route_order(...) works?

> This disconnected-payment stuff is unreliable and is a real pain.
> If the response is nearly real-time, you can pass the session in the
> ID. Or you can set the session expire time higher.
> [...]

How would I pass the session in an ID?? if its via the url: I can't do
that :(

And, I thought I read the session would live for 24 hours? That would be
long enough already.

--
                            virtual earth
 Mathias Picker