[ic] reading a session

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:42:33 -0400

Quoting Mathias Picker (mathiasp@venus.virtual-earth.de):
> On 28 Aug, Mike Heins wrote:
> > Quoting Mathias Picker (mathiasp@venus.virtual-earth.de):
> > [...]
>  	$Tag->writefile("tmp/$Session->{id}.save", $sess_string);
> Well I needed
> 	Vend::util::writefile(....)
>

> > Then in your retrieve (which must be a Global usertag), do something like:
> >
> > 	my $safe = new Safe;
> > 	my $sess_string = $Tag->file("tmp/$id_to_retrieve.save");
> > 	my $session_ref = $safe->reval($sess_string);
>
> And what does this get me?? What is $session_ref, can I make it to my
> session, so route_order(...) works?
>

> > This disconnected-payment stuff is unreliable and is a real pain.
> > If the response is nearly real-time, you can pass the session in the
> > ID. Or you can set the session expire time higher.
> > [...]
>
> How would I pass the session in an ID?? if its via the url: I can't do
> that :(

Use the WideOpen directive to suppress per-host identification (less
needed with the new Interchange session setup) then use ?id=Ejskjs8i
or whatever in the return URL.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.