[ic] reading a session

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:47:37 -0400

Quoting Mathias Picker (mathiasp@venus.virtual-earth.de):
> On 29 Aug, Mike Heins wrote:
> > [....]
> > Or the silent post value mv_session_id. IF they cannot pass back ANY information,
> > then you are hosed.
> >

> Can I just set mv_session_id inside a mml-file and have that session
> automagically retrived? How, as scratch var? Something like this would be _perfect_.
>
> I get the old session_id, but through an encrypted transfer, so there is
> no way to put it in the url.

Then you will have to have a wrapper. You cannot change session once
it is set.

I still don't know why you can't do:

	$Vend::Session = eval $sess_string;

I think you could, if you wanted to, figure out where sessions are
(usually FeTri678 would be in the file session/F/e/FeTri678:nobody)
and then use a Storable function to eval that file to $Vend::Session.
But that won't really change your session id; it should give you enough
to complete the order.

What a pain! If they simply allowed a passed parameter then you could
set any variable to mv_session_id with "Varname their_id mv_session_id"
in catalog.cfg.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson