[ic] interchange order mgmt

Mathias Picker mathiasp@venus.virtual-earth.de
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:07:44 +0200 (CEST)

A simple usage question:

It seems order status (pending, shipped) can only be set from the
customer view. Right? Any plans to change that.

Also the order information seem to be stored in two tables: transactions
and orderlines. The "order" I see under admin/orders seems to be in
orderlines, the one I and the customer sees under customer/orders seems
to be from the transactions table.

So deleting an order under admin/orders does not delete the transaction
line, so the users still sees this order (this is how I found out). Is
this due to the alpha status or is this intended behaviour? If so, what
is the exact role of the transaction table?

Do you intend to change the status when an order is "archived". I would
think it might go from pending to shipped or some such. What exactly
should archiving an order do, other than moving it out of the pending
order view.

Thanks for reading, Mathias

--
                            virtual earth