[ic] Multiple ship to's...

Paul Stearns pauls@compuace.com
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 21:00:58 -0500

Has anyone handled multiple ship to's?

My thoughts on how to do it are;

Add the shipmode to the ship_addresses table, force valid country and state on ship_addresses
table using pull downs.

Add all fields from the ship_addresses table to the orderline table and populate with the
appropriate data at checkout time.

Modify the shipping routine to use the shipping info from the orderline table instead of the
transaction table, use the shipping field in orderline to store the individual line item
shipping charge, keep the total in the transaction table.

Modify the receipt print and e-mail line item section to order by ship to with applicable
subtotals.

If feeling overly energetic, rip the ship to info out of the userdb, and transaction table. The
main purpose of this is to remove redundant data. It might muck with other stuff in the system,
so I probably will take the chickenhearted approach, and leave it in.

If somone has done something similar please let me know any hints.

If this functionality is already in progress by Akopia, please let me know before I waste my
energy.

Lastly, I would be glad to share this code when done, but I really could use some help in
finding out where all the bodies are buried (boy would I like to have an entity relationship
diagram, and some inline documentation in the code).

Paul