[ic] Multiple ship to's...

Paul R Stearns pauls@compuace.com
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 15:28:23 -0500

Mike:

If you looked at the design I had originally specified, I recomended that we keep
the ship to address in the orderline table and the ship_addresses table, and
remove it from the userdb table and the transaction table.This gives the ability
to ship each line item to a separate individual ship to and gives the users the
ability to easily track there alternate ship to's.

I would recomend against using 1 table for 2 purposes, such as ship to and bill to
in the same table but different records.

I also denormalize data when the needs of the application demand it.