[ic] Multiple ship to's...

Paul R Stearns pauls@compuace.com
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:07:41 -0500

Warren:

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

I was not specifically relating the normalization issue with my preference for
separate  tables for separate purposes.

In the bad old days of Basic Plus on RSTS/E on a PDP 11, we only had 12 channels
on which we could open files. we regurlarly would design data structures where
we had multiple record types in a single file. As things moved forward I got
away from that practice.

I feel that an understandable data structure is more important than clever
programming, and nano/microsecond performance benefits. I would however
obfuscate my design if the application requirements demanded it.

Paul