[ic] [fly-list] with database other than products

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 14:13:32 -0800

Zachary -

[fly-list code="[data session arg]"][/fly-list] it the correct container
for the 'fly' area of the page.  The [item-data..] tags you will need to
use will follow the syntax: [item-data discussions fieldname].

- Ed L.

At 11:29 AM 12/7/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I am setting up a discussion board (in addition to a store) using
>interchange, and I want to have a flypage for discussion questions.  These
>questions are stored in a database called discussions -- it is not a
>product database.  I do not want to specify it as a product database.  My
>flypage, called questions.html does not seem to work unless the arg I send
>is a sku from the product database.  How do I get [fly-list] to work with
>a database other than products.
>
>Does anyone know what the 'base' parameter in [fly-list] does? I have
>tried the following:
>
>[fly-list code="[data session arg]" base="discussions"]
>     (fly page contents)
>[/fly-list]
>
>It only works when I send a mv-arg with a product sku.  It doesn't work
>when I send a discussions database code (even though this is a keyed database).
>
>Anyone know how to get [fly-list] to use a database other than products?
>
>Thanks!

463 Main St., Suite D          edl@newmediaems.com
Placerville, CA  95667         http://www.newmediaems.com
(530) 622-9421                 (530) 622-9426 Fax
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free