[ic] total item-list for numeric field other than price

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 14:33:26 -0800

You could calculate the value on just about any page with this code:

[set cost_total][/set]
[item-list]
[seti cost_total][calc][scratch cost_total] + ([item-field cost] *
[item-quantity])[/calc][/seti]
[/item-list]

...[scratch cost_total] would yield the total 'cost' for the purchase order
once the above code had run, and would retain the value until the code was
run again (you would probably want to put the code on the basket or
checkout page so it would pick up changes in the cart contents).  I haven't
seen the Quickbooks export code, but chances are you would just insert
[scratch cost_total] where ever you need this value, or
$Safe{scratch}->{cost_total} in a Perl block.

- Ed L.