[ic] regular variables in [calc] tags

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:36:43 -0800

At 02:28 PM 12/11/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>I used to be able to do this:
>Now, (interchange 4.6) it doesn't appear to know what [subtotal] means in
>the context of a [calc] tag.
>It appears the variables and their scopes has been completely changed.  Is
>there any definitive work on the subject available?  My doc searching turns
>up old Minivend paradigm stuff, which is what isn't working anymore.
>How can I get this to work?
>$totalretail is set by calc tags earlier in the page, it is valid.

Without looking at the most recent IC docs, I would guess that you would
need to use [subtotal noformat=1].  Otherwise The leading currency symbol
will most likely break your calc.

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D          edl@newmediaems.com
Placerville, CA  95667         http://www.newmediaems.com
(530) 622-9421                 (530) 622-9426 Fax
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free