[ic] stopping customer from ordering more than in stock

Curt Hauge chc@mninter.net
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:24:20 -0600

How about comparing the quantity of the item ordered to the quantity in the inventory database per each item before allowing checkout to occur?  Can anyone figure a quick perl routine to do this at checkout?

Curt

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Flo
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2000 12:25 PM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: [ic] stopping customer from ordering more than in stock

Hi everybody,

I'm quite new to interchange (4.6), so I'm not sure whether I'm asking the
obvious. Here's my problem: if an item is out of stock, it's displayed as
such, and nobody can order it. so far, so good. However, if it's still in
stock, but somebody orders more than the quantity in stock, their order also
seems to go through (e.g. in the standard "construction" sample shop). We are
trying to set up a shop for tickets to comedy events in Austria
(http://www.kabarett.at), so if we've got 3 tickets left, but somebdoy oders
5, there's no warning, they get the oder confirmation for all 5, and we end
up with -2 items in the database. Am I missing something, or is there no way
to change that? (Of course I can always limit the maximum to be ordered in a
single order to 10, and always have 9 tickets in reserve, but that's quite a
sub-optimal solution).

Thanks for your help,

Flo