[ic] [loop search=] inside a [page scan=]

Dan db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:37:57 -0800

I think I'm dealing with either some "tags inside a tag" or some "order of
evaluation" issues.  The following does not parse the [loop...] tag
correctly, resulting in an incorrectly formatted <A href> and garbage on the
screen.

[page scan INTERPOLATE=1
 fi=products
 sp=results
 st=db
 co=yes
 sf=sku
 se=[loop search="st=db/fi=favorites/se=[scratch
user_favorite]/sf=product_sku"][loop-data favorites product_sku]|[/loop]nada
]
Click here to see a list of your favorite products!
[/page]

But, if I run
 se=[loop search="st=db/fi=favorites/se=[scratch
user_favorite]/sf=product_sku"][loop-data favorites product_sku]|[/loop]nada

on it's own (outside the [page ...]) it correctly returns the product sku
numbers seperated by a '|' and a 'nada' on the end.  e.g.
00004|00005|00011|nada

My goal is to build a link that displays specifically picked items that are
listed in the "...|...|nada" search.  Is there is a better way than [page
scan...] with a [loop] inserted inside?

Dan Browning - danb@cyclonecomputers.com