[ic] latency on checkout

Nathan Suderman nathan@pollstar.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 01:38:22 -0800

I am having what I think is a problem with IC, but since I am unfamiliar with the normal operation, I am not sure.

Basically I have taken the construct something store and reconfigured it to our needs, back-ended the whole thing in postgres on another server, and am running about 20 products.  We are not verifying credit cards live, but batching everything out the back end.

Here's the problem, on checkout there is at least a 20 second delay before IC responds with an error or success.  The server is under no load at any time, it just seems like IC is doing something very slowly,  Is this normal behavior? or have I forgotten to turn something on/off?  It also shows signs of slowness on the login page, but other pages pop just fine.