[ic] Installation

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:21:42 -0500

John wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
> We are trying to install Interchange. The interchange is running as
> "manager" with group "store". I installed a user "demo" with group "store".
> The catalog configuration goes fine and doesn't have a error, when I go to
> web browse to the main page it comes up, however the "enter as customer"
> doesn't. I have made sure the server is up and running (ie. ps -ax |grep
> minivend). I do get an error in my httpd-error.log of "premature end of
> script headers". The admin link does work and lets me log in and do a couple
> of items, but the links to customers and most others do not work.
> I have checked and double checked my file permissions, because it appears to
> be the problem. Based on the documentation and the FAQs, everything seems to
> be correct.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Kinda depends on how you have it set up. Are you running separate groups for
each user? If so then the user manager needs to be in the group demo and use
permission M with manager demo demo respectively. If using as one group and
multiusers then demo needs to be in store and not so sure on the setting for
the makecat but should be manager demo store the makecat lists your choices for
permission type of cat. There are only 3 and you know it is not M :) Kinda
narrows it down.

Steve