[ic] I dont get it.

Nathan Suderman nathan@pollstar.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:37:06 -0800

Quoting Nathan Suderman (nathan@pollstar.com):
> I am trying to add two new fields to the userdb table that get set when a new
> user signs up for an account.  These are namely reminder_value and
> reminder_answer, which if you hadn't guessed are a question response for
> sending someone their password.  I know I can set these by hand, but how can
> I make the store do it for me from the new accounts page.  I have already
> added the two needed input tags on the page and the two fields in the
> database, but how do I tell interchange to store CGI->parameter X into
> database->field Y

mike@minivend.com replied

Should be automatic if your account action is defined in mv_check instead
of mv_click. You also must have mv_todo=return in the form.

You can always force it to happen with:

[update values]
[userdb save]

I read the docs on mv_check and mv_click, but I still don't get it.  is this something I set in the page, or in a back-end config somewhere.  And how will update values work unless IC knows where to stuff the values?