[ic] Templates getting lost during edit on admin UI

Martin Abell abellmt@spsp.net
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:40:20 -0500

I've started a catalog based on the construct demo (using Interchange 4.6)
and when I go to edit certain pages (e.g., help.html) using the admin UI,
the template piece gets lost.

That is, I edit the content and save, and that is OK.  But if I edit again,
the template (e.g., "Page with top/left areas") is gone (i.e., "Select a
Page Template"), and if I save that, some mess gets saved and the page won't
come up in the browser at all.

(After numerous trials, I have failed to figure out what the checkbox "Save
template in page" does.  It appears to drop a very large comment into the
template area of the saved page.)

Anybody recognize this?

Martin
SpeedSpan.