[ic] Building a mall - detailed Question

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 04:17:20 -0500

Quoting Murray Gibbins (Murray@scotweb.ltd.uk):
> "Lattus, Ronald" wrote:
> >
> > Hello Murray!
> >
> > What we need is the same Greg Cope asked for:
> >
> > Different produkt lists (~product catalogs) which have there own admin-ui
> > (so that the list can be edited by different merchants), but share the
> > customer-ui, the basket and so on (so that for the customer they apear as
> > one themed store).
>

> > What's wrong?

Subcatalogs may be broken in Interchange, I just discovered. I have enteed
a bug report and eventually I will look at why.

With regard to malls, MiniMate actually had a better ability to limit
the display to individual owners of records. Interchange has the same
protection on *modifying* the records, but unfortunately it is not easy
to limit what is presented to them in a list. I will look at putting
in a better facility for that in 4.7.x.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown