[ic] coordinated search results-problems with buy button

jojo@buchonline.net jojo@buchonline.net
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:21:47 +0100 (CET)

On 18 Dec, Greg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a coordinated search page I am trying to put together, but when it
> returns the results and you click on one of the Buy buttons, (using standard
> results page from construct) it loads the product into the cart, but then
> returns a search error -
> Sorry , no matches for (?:^|\)ARRAY\(0x8dc4bf8\).
>
> When I use a simple search (non-coordinated) to obtain results on the
> results page, the buy button works fine, puts item in cart and returns to
> the results page.  So I am pretty sure its in my coordinated search.  I have
> trimmed it down to a 2 field search for example purposes, and this also puts
> the item in the cart returns the same error.  Can someone point out where I
> have messed up on my coordinated search?  I have tried quite a few
> combinations to no avail.
> Thanks
[DEL]

I can confirm this behavior. At the first time with using the
mv_search_map tag (since MiniVend 3.11). MV is not able to go back to
the searchpage. But if you use a searchpage with mv_search_map, go to
the next results page (page No. 2) and order some items, MV _is_ able to
and go back to the first results page via the links, which is created
by the more tag and you order some items from the first results page,
MV is able to go back to the right results page.

Again!

1)
This steps doesn´t work without displaying basket:
- Using searchform with mv_search_map
- order item at the first results page
---> Failure!

2)
This steps does work without displaying basket:
- Using searchform with mv_search_map
- go away from the first results page to any other
  results page (page No. > 1)
- After then, all works fine

Maybe this is enough infos for Mike H. to find the cause of this
misbehavior?

The only solutions for me was:

You have a file nobasket and some codes like

----------snip------------
[if scratch lastpagename eq srchform]

  [if value mv_first_match]
    [tag op=header interpolate=1]
    Location: [area href="[data session last_search]"]
    [/tag]
    [set mv_no_cache]1[/set]
  [else]
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>MOVE BACK</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY Onload="document.forms[0].submit();">
<FORM ACTION="[process-target main]" METHOD=POST>
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_map VALUE="
mv_searchspec=search12
mv_searchspec=search14">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field Value="author">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field Value="title">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=yes>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="create_last_search" VALUE="1">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=search12 VALUE="[value search12]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=search14 VALUE="[value search14]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=search1 VALUE="[value search1]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=search11 VALUE="[value search11]">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_session_id VALUE="[data session id]">
        [set mv_no_cache]1[/set]
</HTML>
  [/else]
  [/if]
[/if]
[if scratch lastpagename flypage]
an so on....
----------snip------------

And in my srchfrom page (and all other pages with the order tags), I´ve
a codes like

[perl arg=scratch]
        $Safe{'scratch'}{'lastpagename'} = srchform;
        return '';
[/perl]

(Copy&Paste from my old MV 3.11 stuff)

to set the page name. In my file nobasket.html, there are some if codes
to check the lastpagename. If an order is coming from the first
resultspage and this results page is comming from the srchform page,
which is using the mv_search_map, the value mv_first_match is empty and
a form page is calling with javascript to start a search once more and
to go back to the first results page.

This *is* not an optimal solution. I´ve not check IC 4.6.1 with this
kind of srchform.

Dear Mike,

it is possible to set [data session last_search] with the value of the
page number 1 of the more tag, if the srchform page are using the
mv_search_map? It make easier to make a shop with different srchform
page (with ot without mv_search_map).

Thanks!

Joachim

--