[ic] new payment method broke, broswer dependent

Jason Kohles jason@mediabang.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:09:31 -0700

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:35:51AM -0500, Doug Alcorn wrote:
> The problem is on the Machintosh.  Using IE5 or NS4.7 on the Mac, the
> payment address is displayed on the checkout page; however, when the
> customer goes to actually checkout it comes back and says there was
> an error and the fields in red should be filled in.  Well, there are
> no fields highlighted in red.  I've even tested this with IE5 and NS6

I had this problem all the time, it drove me nuts until I did this:

In pages/ord/checkout.html, find the section enclosed by:
[if type=explicit compare="[error all=1 show_var=1 keep=1]"]

Just before the closing if, add:
[error all=1 show_error=1 joiner="<BR>"]

This will list all the errors just below that message, including the ones that
are not dealt with in the page itself, which should give you somewhere to start.

Jason Kohles -- jason@mediabang.com              phone  (801)364-0185
http://www.mediabang.com/                        fax    (801)364-0186

   Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.
   Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.    -- Helen Keller