[ic] Installation

Jason Kohles jason@mediabang.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:52:21 -0700

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 12:51:38PM -0600, Superior Sites wrote:
> How come when I install Interchange 4.6.1 on one of my boxes running Redhat
> 6.2 it locks up at '/usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL force
> final=/usr/local/interchange' and just hogs up my %cpu, but i have a second
> machine identical to this one (but runs ssl) that it installed fine on?

I just posted a bug report on this yesterday, its because it is trying over
and over to find the userid for the user you specified to install interchange
as, but that user does not exist in the password file yet.  It will continue
to loop until the user is created.

--
Jason Kohles -- jason@mediabang.com              phone  (801)364-0185
http://www.mediabang.com/                        fax    (801)364-0186

   The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to
   the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer
   experience.                      -- Eleanor Roosevelt