[ic] UI Login Expire

Ed LaFrance edl@newmediaems.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:40:12 -0800

At 09:09 PM 12/20/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Ed LaFrance <edl@newmediaems.com> writes:
>
> > At 10:28 AM 12/20/00 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> > >Hello, IC hackers !
> > >
> > >After what amount of time IC automatically logs out someone ?
> > >Can anyone tell me this ?
> > >
> > >Thanks
> > >         Racke
> >
> > In catalog.cfg
> >
> > SessionExpire  nnn time_units
> >
> > The expiration of the session is a defacto logout - of course, if
> > CookieLogin is enabled and the client has the MV cookies on their HD the
> > will log right back in with their next request, but the cart and session
> > values will be reset.
>
>Thanks. As I see, the default time is one hour, but counts that as
>maximum length of a session or is one access an hour sufficient to
>keep the session ?
>
>Bye
>         Racke

My read of the docs is that, if SessionExpire set to 1 hour, every session
is ensured a life of no less than 1 hour, even if inactive.  It will only
live on past that time if Interchange determines that the session is still
"active".  I guess another way to say it is: if the session has been
inactive for 1 hour and 1 seconds, kill it.  I have never looked at the
session management part of the server code too closely so this is mostly an
educated guess on my part.

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D          edl@newmediaems.com
Placerville, CA  95667         http://www.newmediaems.com
(530) 622-9421                 (530) 622-9426 Fax
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free