[ic] Installation

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:52:27 -0500

Quoting Jason Kohles (jason@mediabang.com):
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 12:51:38PM -0600, Superior Sites wrote:
> > How come when I install Interchange 4.6.1 on one of my boxes running Redhat
> > 6.2 it locks up at '/usr/local/bin/perl Makefile.PL force
> > final=/usr/local/interchange' and just hogs up my %cpu, but i have a second
> > machine identical to this one (but runs ssl) that it installed fine on?
> >
> I just posted a bug report on this yesterday, its because it is trying over
> and over to find the userid for the user you specified to install interchange
> as, but that user does not exist in the password file yet.  It will continue
> to loop until the user is created.

And nobody ignored the question at the first stage of install?

    my $ans = my_prompt("User name $uid doesn't exist. Use anyway? ", 'n');

It defaults to "No" for a reason. Perhaps we need to be more strident....
8-)

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

until you hear them speak. -- unknown