[ic] Hi all...can Interchange be used with multiple user stores???

Zachary Matthews zac@mediapc.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:27:19 -0800

> ...I am new to the List.
>
> Can anyone tell me, can Interchange be used with
> multiple user stores???
>
> I have a client that wants to set up a "MALL" site.
> They want each store owner to have a username and
> password to enter their own store on this site.
> Has anyone done this or is this possible?  Thanks.
>
> Erik

I remember reading somewhere in the docs about one Interchange server
running
[mind lapse can't remember for sure]
    hundreds, or was it thousands of separate catalogs at once.
[/mind lapse can't remember for sure]

You could definitely set up a mall with each shop having it's own
catalog directory and configuration (catalog.cfg).  And then of course
they could all share settings established in the server/mall wide
settings (interchange.cfg).

[If you are new to interchange but you have some decent PERL-database
chops]
  give yourself a good month or two to climb the steep learning curve
[else]
  find someone who already has
[/else]
[/If you are new to interchange but you have some decent PERL-database
chops]

With Interchange...
.
.