[ic] Input numbers, currency and formatting

Kaare Rasmussen kar@webline.dk
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:17:58 +0100

I'm wondering how to let users enter numbers and price information in the
most i18n-safe way - and how to display it?

To display price and money values, there's a [currency] tag, that seems to
take the current locale into account.

But if I just use a common <INPUT>, I still have to use the locale of the
Perl session (?), in must instances en_US, I believe.
Looking through the tags, it seems that [filter] is close to what I want, but
there's no standard locale filter.
Will I have to write a filter?

I also need to enter a quantity field, maybe with up to three decimal digits.
There doesn't seem to be a format tag for this kind of data. Will I have to
write a UserTag?

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk