[ic] Prevent ordering of out-of-stock items?

Marisa Giancarla mgiancarla@macromedia.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 13:35:08 -0800

I've just noticed that even though an item's "stock" is set at 0, and the
status is listed as "backordered", AND the item properly displays an "in
stock notification" link, it still has a "quantity" field and "Buy now"
button. I've also noticed that people have been able to complete an order
for the out of stock items so I know the items don't just get removed when
they check out.

How can I prevent someone from ordering an item that is listed as being out
of stock? I'm not as concerned if they order more than is in stock (though
obviously preventing that would be good too), right now I just want to make
sure that if the quantity is set to 0 before they start browsing they won't
be able to check out with those items still in their basket (or at least not
have them included in their order totals)...

Thanks,
Marisa