[ic] Two sql questions

Kaare Rasmussen kar@webline.dk
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:57:01 +0100

> 	1. Have a SQL database

I do.

> 	2. Quote your query sql= parameter

Tried that too.

> 	3. Use [sql-pos 0] to access the return value

Here's the magic word. sql-pos! Thanks!
> which gives:
>
> 	197 countries

Hoohah! I'm using a lot of time (plus unnecessary black smoke and mirrors)
just to format this the way I want. Interchange _is_ a comples environment,
so it takes time to find the necessary tools. For now I'm relying on good old
Perl. :-)

> It will select all of them. It would make sense to use a "limit"
> parameter if your DB supports it.

Thought so. I'm using PostgreSQL which supports limit. I did hope that there
was some magic there, but didn't count on it :-)

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk