[ic] IC 4.6 - makecat choking on mixed case catalog name

Barry Treahy, Jr. Treahy@mmaz.com
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 14:53:27 -0700

Is there a restriction that catalog names must be all lowercase with IC
4.6?  I'm attempting to use a mixed case name and it chokes.  All
lowercase is fine, but all uppercase failes too.  All three examples are
below...

Barry

[root@mml2 interchange]# bin/makecat

Select a short, mnemonic name for the catalog. This will be
used to set the defaults for naming the catalog, executable,
and directory, so you will have to type in this name frequently.

NOTE: This will be the name of 'vlink' or 'tlink', the link CGI
program. Depending on your CGI setup, it may also have the
extension .cgi added.

If you are doing the demo for the first time, you might use "construct".

Catalog name? USAb2c
makecat -- Interchange catalog installation program.

*** We will be making a catalog named 'USAb2c'. ***

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/I
niConf.pm line 438.
[root@mml2 interchange]#

[root@mml2 interchange]# bin/makecat

Select a short, mnemonic name for the catalog. This will be
used to set the defaults for naming the catalog, executable,
and directory, so you will have to type in this name frequently.

NOTE: This will be the name of 'vlink' or 'tlink', the link CGI
program. Depending on your CGI setup, it may also have the
extension .cgi added.

If you are doing the demo for the first time, you might use "construct".

Catalog name? test
makecat -- Interchange catalog installation program.

*** We will be making a catalog named 'test'. ***

If you are using the Apache or NCSA web server, Interchange can set
some of the default parameters for you by reading the file.

If you use the Netscape Enterprise server or other non-NCSA HTTP server,

enter 'none' -- the information, if any, will not be useful.

Try using the UP arrow at some of the prompts -- you have the
Term::ReadLine module installed, and Interchange may find some
default values in your HTTP server configuration file.  You can
cycle among them with the UP and DOWN arrows.

Enter path to httpd.conf file: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

[root@mml2 interchange]# bin/makecat

Select a short, mnemonic name for the catalog. This will be
used to set the defaults for naming the catalog, executable,
and directory, so you will have to type in this name frequently.

NOTE: This will be the name of 'vlink' or 'tlink', the link CGI
program. Depending on your CGI setup, it may also have the
extension .cgi added.

If you are doing the demo for the first time, you might use "construct".

Catalog name? TEST

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028