[ic] Read/write XLS files

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 18:52:44 -0500

Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@minivend.com):
> In CVS for the 4.6 branch, I have added in a multiple-table export
> function that can write XLS worksheet files.  The import page for any
> table can also read XLS files.
>
> These functions depend on the availability of the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
> and Spreadsheet::ParseExcel modules respectively. Those are available at
> CPAN, of course.
>
> You can easily install those modules by going to your Interchange
> directory and running:
>
>     src/cpan_local_install Spreadsheet::WriteExcel Spreadsheet::ParseExcel
>
> The new export/import functions will be generally available when 4.6.1
> is released.

Of course I failed to test it with Microsoft Excel, only tested with Gnumeric
and StarOffice. 8-) I had a bug which prevented the proper import when the
saving program was MS-Excel.

I updated CVS and it now seems to read both Excel 2000 and Excel 95 files
generated by Microsoft Excel.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".