[ic] in stock alert notification

Cameron B. Prince cameron@akopia.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:25:46 -0600

You are correct. All it does as of now is send the notification to you and
the customer via email.

You should be able to create a new table and store the requests if you need
to though.

I would look at the code used in the returns function and also setup a
stock_notification counter to be used as a primary key in the new table.

I would advise against using orderline or transactions for this, as they are
keyed upon the order number, which you don't have in this case. Mixing those
things together would seem more difficult than setting up a new table to me.

Good luck,

Cameron

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Doug Alcorn
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 9:58 PM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: [ic] in stock alert notification

I have been messing around with the inventory levels and "in stock
alert" functionality of the new contruct demo of ic 4.6.0.  I read the
thread about how ic is really not an accounting package and also
doesn't account for sales via fax/phone/email.  With that
understanding, is the "in stock" notification implemented?  It appears
that the only thing it does is send email to the customer telling them
they will be notified in the future.  I can't find where any record of
their interest is stored.  I was hoping to find entries in the
orderline table with status something like 'notify'.  However, I
couldn't find any entries in any of the tables showing that a customer
had asked to be notified when an item's stock was replinished.  Is
this something I have to do to "fill in the blanks"?
--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo /  Unix Hacker