[ic] How To: use offline with MySQL database?

Pugdog pugdog@attglobal.net
Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:53:23 -0500

At 09:40 AM 11/8/00, you wrote:
>Scott, thanks for the tip. I will be spending some time learning about
>how to manage SQL tables. I have not really spent much time doing so. I
>tried to do as you suggested & also read the online docs on MySQL for
>more info. I have got some permission problems that are not resolved.
>Debian sets up MySQL as root on localhost initially. I seem to be having
>some problems getting a handle on getting this altered. I am using
>WebMin to manage all of my databases/tables in MySQL as I like GUI
>interfaces for speed. Any thoughts are appreciated

Give MySQLMan a try, from http://gossamer-threads.com

I've found it about the best way to manage MySQL databases.   Webmin is
great for some things, but it's MySQL support is still weak.

Robert S. Pataki, MD
President, PUGDOG Enterprises, Inc.
http://www.postcards.com

PUGDOG® and Digital Postcards® are Registered Trademarks of PUGDOG
Enterprises, Inc.