[ic] new item not displaying a link to it...

Mark Atkinson marka@netbrick.net
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:39:10 -0700

I have seen this same problem.  I'm also running RedHat 7.0 but with MySQL.
The fix is to go to the Admin interface.  Click on Adminstration.  Tables
and edit the table products.  You will see your list of items.  Edit one of
the items and add a title to it.  Ok the changes and check the item through
the customer side.  You should see the link now.  I haven't figured out why
it does not add the title yet to the items when you add them.  But I may be
adding them wrong also or missing a step in the process.

Maybe someone else on the list can shed more light on why it doesn't work
when you add the item to begin with.

Good luck,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@minivend.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Benjamin H.
Carlson
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 10:06 AM
To: interchange-users@minivend.com
Subject: [ic] new item not displaying a link to it...

If I create a new item, or edit an old one,
it will work fine, EXCEPT for one annoying little thing:

when you enter as a customer, and search for the item, no link will show
up,
so the only way to get info is to 'buy' the item. As for editing the old
item,
it will still display the old link(the link goes to the proper page, but
it is the old item name).

I assume I need to edit something in the search display, and have tried
both applying changes, and restarting interchange to no avail. Also I
have looked over the FAQ, and through the user-list archives, and have
not seen this problem addressed...

I am running interchange on RedHat 7.0(with the fixes) and interchange
version 4.6.0 and the default database.

Thanks for the help,

Benjamin Carlson
--