[ic] price display problem
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 10:04:17 -0500
Quoting Toni Mueller (email@example.com):
> while working on a checkout page and trying to display I
> have the following problem:
> I want to display mixed DM and EURO pricing, and after
> some [calc]s decided that I like the [locale] mechanism
> as described in the FAQ better.
> In the left column where the price per article is displayed,
> everthing looks nice. In the column to the right where the
> subtotals are, there I find the following problems:
> - When simply saying [item-subtotal] inside the locale section,
> it mangles the amount because it somehow wants to calculate
> the new amount based on the string value of the original
> price (which fails since thousands separator is set to '.'),
> resulting in very small amounts if there is a price with at
> least 4 left digits.
> - Working around this using a scratch variable does help to
> display a reasonable amount, but effectively disables any
> quantity or otherwise non-linear pricing (I used [item-price
> [item-quantity] noformat] as a simplistic formula).
> - There is no easy way to get a reasonable subtotal. For no
> reason known to me (yet) the subtotal is at the EURO value
> instead of the DM value, but when displayed in the subtotal
> box, it is shown as DM (and, of course, included with
> [setlocale de_DE]). The corresponding EURO value is also
> only a minor change, not the real amount.
> I feel a bit stupid at this point and welcome any hints :(
I think the problem is the iterating lists which perhaps don't
produce their values like you think.
will not work, because [item-price] is done at [item-list] time.
This should work:
Standard: [price code="[item-code]"]
Euro: [price code="[item-code]"]
Akopia, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH 45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock