[ic] Administrators by Affiliate

Casey R. Tweten crt@kiski.net
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:44:40 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 5 around 1:55am, Hans-Joachim Leidinger hammered out this masterpiece:

: "Casey R. Tweten" wrote:
: >
: > : Just use ProductFiles and list seperate db files for each. Do a
: > : makecat and blow away everything you do not need. Now your main site
: > : pulls from all db files and they have access as they appear to be a
: > : cat and no one is any wiser. Even if they do alter pages it does not
: > : matter as the pages being used are the main cats pages not the cat
: > : they are editing. Their site never actually gets seen.
: >
: > It is empty by default.  I am using MySQL as the database, how do I
: > enter multiple databases into ProductFiles?
: >
: > Can I even get this functionality using SQL databases?
: >
: I use the catalog.cfg file to set a lot of different tables as a
: productsfiles like
:
: ProductsFile  file1 file2 file3 and so on....
:
: and it works for MySQL!

I set up a test account and coppied the products table to a products2
table and changed all the sku's to be unique.  Then, I added products2
to the ProductFiles, which already contained a products entry.  Next,
I made a products/products2.txt file and mirrored the data in the
products2 table.  When I try to start minivend, I get this error:

example config error: Can't call method "new" on an undefined value at
/home/httpd/interchange/lib/Vend/Data.pm line 576.

What am I missing?

--
print(join(' ', qw(Casey R. Tweten)));my $sig={mail=>'crt@kiski.net',site=>
'http://home.kiski.net/~crt'};print "\n",'.'x(length($sig->{site})+6),"\n";