[ic] read only tables problem, where is this set??

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 08:24:59 -0500

Quoting Pugdog (pugdog@ibm.net):
> I would buy your answer _except_ that the logon generates the same error,
> and that _is_ undeniably, an error condition that has generalized beyond
> "in memory" tables not being able to be written to directly (their disk
> counter part _SHOULD_ be writeable).

I am sorry, but whether they should or should not be writable, they
are not.  There is no on-disk component of the tables which is editable
with the UI.

I am adding some code to bring home this fact, so that people will not
be misled into thinking they are writable. Thanks for bringing it
to our attention.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon