[ic] We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable... ????? Whats this about.

Andre Bunting andre_bunting@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:33:12 GMT

Hi there, I'm trying to get interchange 4.6 to run on my system.

System specs.

Pentium 166 with 64MB ram.

Perl 5.6

After following the instructions I get this error when I try to connect to

http://localhost/cgi-bin/tryout

"We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand, please try
again soon. "

I've looked at the IC FAQs and yes I have tried doing chmod 666 to
etc/socket. This didn't not work.

IC is running as a user mvend , group mvend.

I had been using  the older minivend. Haven't dont much for a while. Is
there anything new that isn't in the FAQs that I should know about ?

If anyone can help or has ideas please do share them.

Thanks
Andre