[ic] We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable... ???? ? Whats this about.

jojo@buchonline.net jojo@buchonline.net
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:26:01 +0100 (CET)

....and look into the error file to get more informations.

Joachim

TIP:
Anything is going wrong, look into the error files of IC _and_ catalog.

On 13 Nov, Steve & Patti Getzinger wrote:
> If this is a Red Hat machine you must start from init not path/bin/restart
>
> Andre Bunting wrote:
>
>> Hi there, I'm trying to get interchange 4.6 to run on my system.
>>
>> System specs.
>>
>> Pentium 166 with 64MB ram.
>>
>> Perl 5.6
>>
>> After following the instructions I get this error when I try to connect to
>>
>> http://localhost/cgi-bin/tryout
>>
>> "We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
>> We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand, please try
>> again soon. "
>>
>> I've looked at the IC FAQs and yes I have tried doing chmod 666 to
>> etc/socket. This didn't not work.
>>
>> IC is running as a user mvend , group mvend.
>>
>> I had been using  the older minivend. Haven't dont much for a while. Is
>> there anything new that isn't in the FAQs that I should know about ?
>>
>> If anyone can help or has ideas please do share them.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Andre
[DEL]

--