[ic] Re: Inelegant greeting...

Toni Mueller support-ic@oeko.net
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:28:51 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 12:14:48PM +0000, Dave Barr wrote:
> The dox back me up that the cookie will be picked up on the second
> page, that was the first thing I checked (just to be sure :-) and I
> can only do a manual lookup of the table if I have the value of the
> MV_USERNAME cookie. That was why I attempted the JS gludge.

well, that's probably a misunderstanding. The browser should send a
cookie on any request, first or not. You need to pick it up manually
and also manually look into the userdb. You won't have it in a variable
MV_USERNAME on the first page access, though...

Btw, I just checked with the construct demo, and this sets the cookie
only as a session cookie despite the fact that I have

CookieLogin  Yes

in my catalog.cfg. So this should imho be changed to be a long term
cookie, then it should work. You'll also need to check a password
in MV_PASSWORD which contains the cleartext password.

Best Regards,
--Toni++