[ic] UI Order Desk help

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:51:43 -0500

Quoting Eric Hull (eric@webuildpcs.com):
> Doug,
>
> > a seperate
> > table listing the salesman's name, a special "hard to remember code",
> > and a discount percentage.  I will then add a new input box so that
> > the customer can enter the salesman code and receive the appropriate
> > discount.
> >

> This is a good idea - just not sure how it will work for us
>
> >  If not, then manual
> > override of the price may be your only solution.  You have basically
> > said that you can't keep the prices in the database accurate.  That
> > seems to be a problem unto itself.
>
> This seems to be the only solution.  The regular prices are accurate and we
> have no problem with that.  The affiliate (Pricewatch) is extremely
> competitive and drives 80% of our online business at this point.  We change
> price listings very regularly on the affiliate to stay competitive with
> other companies.
>
> The obscure code for those may be a good solution and just update those when
> we update with the affiliate.  We will try it and let you know of our
> sucess, and/or problems.

All you have to do with the default CommonAdjust setup is to add
mv_price to UseModifier, then set the price with
[item-accessories mv_price text_10] inside the shopping cart.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Few blame themselves until they have exhausted all other possibilities.
 -- anonymous