[ic] Discounts - This works but is there a better way.

Sim Zacks Szacks@co.wayne.mi.us
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:57:25 -0500

In my experience when you put a discount on all_items it actually change sthe subtotal, so the next time you enter the cart page it will discount, the discount. What i did was rather than use thediscount tag, use straight calculations and then in the final page use the discount tag.
Ed L. suggested it a couple weeks ago.

>>> gafabbri@yahoo.com 11/16/00 01:13PM >>>
I want to apply a discount to my entire site but also
want to display it on the checkout and cart pages.
Here is what I did.  My question, is this OK to or am
I asking for trouble?  Is there a better way?

(I took out most of the html tags for easier reading)
First, I print the un-discounted subtotal.

Second, I print the Discount (10%)

Third, I print the discounted subtotal.

Gregg A. Fabbri

Do You Yahoo!?