[ic] Discounts - This works but is there a better way.

Gregg Fabbri gafabbri@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:24:22 -0800 (PST)

I did try this and it looks like it is working.

I first tried using [calc] to get what I want but had
no luck.  Basically I THINK I am shutting off the
discount, then setting it to get me a value to show my
discount, and then setting it to get my real subtotal
that I want to use.

When I did this I thought it was a bit of a hack but I
am still learning this stuff and could not get a
[calc] to work.  Perhaps there is a better way.  I
looked at [item-list] but was confused.  I really want
to show the discount on the entire order and not every
item as we go along.  Messing with the [subtotal] was
the only way I could get it to work but I am sure
there is a better way, finding it is the hard part.

I first tried to simply just take the [subtotal] and
set a discount.  Then using [calc] tags to print out
the discount and non-discounted subtotals in both the
cart and checkout screens.

At 10:13 AM 11/16/00 -0800, you wrote:
>>I want to apply a discount to my entire site but
also
>>want to display it on the checkout and cart pages.
>>Here is what I did.  My question, is this OK to or
am
>>I asking for trouble?  Is there a better way?
>>
>>(I took out most of the html tags for easier
reading)

=====