[ic] Re: Interchange on Max OS X

Marcel Montes marcel@multimake.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:15:33 -0300

--------------E9581C3F0760F86B1D8B6C60

Databases are created after you answered all the makecat questions.
Tables are created on interchange restart.

I guess that providing proper permissions to the MySQL user you answered to the
database should be enough.
try creating database by hand. and then:
mysql> GRANT DROP, CREATE, SELECT, ALTER, INSERT, DELETE ON [DATABASENAME].* TO
[USERNAME]@localhost IDENTIFIED BY '[PASSWORD]';

guess that should give interchange enough margin of operation....

It all theorical what I'm saying, except the fact that database is created at
makecat, and that tables are created and filled when restarting the interchange
daemon.

Hope it helps,
                        Marcel Montes (Gente do Brasil aqui, cara!!!!)

Leonel Silva wrote:

> Hello David,
>
> Thanks for your reply. It would be a good idea if we could share our
> experiences with Interchange on Mac OS X.
>
> Till know I only installed the sample catalogue "construct" though I wasn't
> able to create a MySQL database with the makecat script. I think it is due
> to the fact that the script tries to use mysqladmin to create the database
> and this doesn't work for me even when I am doing it by hand through the
> terminal.app, I have to open a mysql connection with the mysql -u root -p
> instruction and then create the database.
>
> So, I am using Interchange's own database for my sample catalogue, though I
> would very much like to know how to create a MySQL database by hand to use
> with Interchange, probably it could be done like importing tables and data
> by issuing the command: mysql -u root -p databasename < databasename.sql
>
> I haven't read the whole documentation and probably there is a way to create
> a MySQL database and the switch from Interchange's database to MySQL.
> Nevertheless if you know a simple way to do this I would very much like to
> know.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Leonel Joao Silva
> Information Systems Manager
>
> SDM - SOCIEDADE DE DESENVOLVIMENTO DA MADEIRA, S.A.
> The Concessionaire of Madeira's International Business Centre
>
> SDM Building
> Rua da Mouraria 9, 1st floor
> 9000-047 Funchal
> MADEIRA * PORTUGAL
>
> Tel: 351.291.201333
> Fax: 351.291.201399
>
> <leonel@sdm.pt>
> <http://www.sdm.pt/>

 Marcel Montes [marcel(at)multimake(dot)com] - Programmer
 "If our brain were so simple that we could understand it,
 we would be so stupid that we couldn't do so"