[ic] Creating my own store

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:09:50 -0500

Quoting Alex (alex@jdmrktng.com):
> Hi Folks!
> I'm trying to create my own store. It's simple enough - I have a database
> of products divided into several categories, each item having some
> attributes (color, size, image file) and price. I think there are two
> approaches to it:
> 1. Installing "construct" demo store and changing it.
> 2. Creating my store from scratch.
> Concerning option 1, it seems to require too more changes, so I guess the
> #2 is more suitable. But I didn't find in the docs how to perform it? I'd
> be gratefull for any tips :)

I suggest using the guts of ord/checkout.html in any case, along with the
matching etc/log_transaction. Keep most of the catalog.cfg settings as well;
That is the hardest part to duplicate.

You might also look at the Basic demo found at

Upcoming shortly is a tutorial written by Sonny, which will guide you in
creating a catalog from scratch -- producing your own catalog.cfg file, your
own pages and products directory, etc. It is undergoing review and will be
out before too long.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill