[ic] Install help please

Marcel Montes marcel@multimake.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:36:07 -0300

--------------45052A3F4D746956FAAC6194

That's something....
Now keep an eye on MySQL because there are several things that have to be
right:
permissions on /var/lib/mysql/
existance of /var/lib/mysql/mysql.socket

sometimes MySQL is configured to place mysql.socket at /tmp/mysql.socket
and DBI looks for it at /var/lib/mysql/
that gives you the "cannot connecto to MySQL through socket"

in that case, create soft link at /var/lib/mysql.socket pointing to
/tmp/mysql.socket
the link returns a false to existance checking if the /tmp/mysql.socket is not
there, so it works :)

Hopes that this doesn't show up, but if it does... that's already solved here
:)
(Note... it this doesn't works check it is a permission problem on the MySQL
by running the daemon with --skip-grant-tables)

--
 Marcel Montes [marcel(at)multimake(dot)com] - Programmer
 "If our brain were so simple that we could understand it,