How does this work? (Was: [ic] scratch variables in search conditions)

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
20 Nov 2000 11:32:15 -0500

I was going back through some of my old notes and came across this
message from a while back.

"Cameron B. Prince" <cameron@akopia.com> writes:

> We have something similar on a site that allows customers to define
> or narrow results in a search:
>
> On index.html: (Sets the default match limit to 5)
>
> [if !scratch sprofile][set sprofile]ml=5[/set][/if]
>

> Then in the complex search for the areas: (Tells each link to use the proper
> search profile)
>
> fi=products
> st=db
> co=yes
> sf=category
> se=Chargers
> mp=sprofile
> sp=results_image
>

> Then finally on the results page, we have this code that sets some search
> options and refreshes the results page.

Cameron says here that he is using a coordinated search with a
profile.  I am assuming that the link made on the leftside is
something like:
/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=yes/sf-category/se=Chargers/mp=sprofile/sp=results_image.
Based on my experiences this weekend, this shouldn't work.  What
version of IC is this catalog running?

--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo /  Unix Hacker