[ic] Install help please
delionsweb - minivend
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:19:03 -0500
First of all the Internal Server Error is NOT usually a catalog error per
se ( > 90% of the time )
It is more likely that it is a link CGI error (tlink or vlink copy
installed in cgi-bin dir of the virtual web host.
So first you have to see if you can run the <home
(This assumes that you told makecat that your cgi-bin directory is
<home dir>/cgi-bin ...)
You should get *nothing* when you run it like this: ./construct
You should get this if you run: ./construct test=1
Status: 404 Not Found
If you don't get this then you need to keep trying the bin/makecat with
different settings for the link CGI until you get a good result from the
Then you can try the browser.
Note that you should get the CGI working regardless of whether the
Interchange server is running or NOT. If the IC server is NOT running the
link program will tell you that it cannot connect. Command line and
browser also - note that the default timeout is 30 seconds and add the
delay to the web server to that for the browser test.
Until you get this working you will not know if you even have a database
problem or not ... ;-)
Secondly, if you use the database option for the catalog, then you will
see lots of SQL statements fly past the FIRST time you start the
interchange server with the new catalog. That is a good clue that the SQL
database setup (AND DBI) is working. You will NOT see these statements
again UNLESS you drop that database and create it blank and restart the
Also, the makecat process for creating the catalog will complain about
database creation if that database exists so it is better in my opinion
to a) NOT create the database with the makecat if you know that it exists
OR b) to drop the database before you run makecat.
As Cameron indicated however, no tables in the database points more
fingers at the datbase and / or DBI side of things.
My sledgehammer approach for most Perl module problems is to issue 'force
install ...' commands in CPAN shell to make sure the modules are
1. Make sure the CGI link program is REALLY working - *without* the
Interchange server also!
2. Tripple check the Perl module installations
3. Check the database setup independently - use something like MySQLMan
from Gossamer Threads to make sure the DB server is fine.
4. Only then start beating up on Interchange ...
At 06:17 PM 11/20/2000, you wrote:
you are seeing no errors in the interchange log files, and you have no
tables in your database, this likely means something is wrong with your
There is an open bug for no
errors when DBI is not installed or not working.
- -----Original Message-----
- From: email@example.com
Behalf Of Leonel Silva
- Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 5:00 PM
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [ic] Install help please
- The same is happening with me, I can create the catalog, the database
(though no tables are created), log in the administration area but not in
the store front page. The http error log also reports: Premature end of
script headers:... .
- I have DBI, and sql files in the catalog directory
(../catalogs/catalog-name/dbconf/mysql/). I made a soft link from
/tmp/mysql.sock to /var/lib/mysql/ and also tried to run mysqld with
skip-grant-tables. No success at all, still can t connect to the front
page and still the same error on http error log.
- On the admin area I have the following information (though perl
version is not correct, it is in fact 5.6):
- Perl 5.006 (called with: perl)
- LWP::Simple found (v1.32).
- MD5 found (v2.01).
- MIME::Base64 found (v2.11).
- SQL::Statement found (v0.1016).
- Safe::Hole found (v0.07).
- Storable found (v1.006).
- Tie::Watch found (v1.0).
- URI::URL found (v5.02).
- ftfile sort rand
- No GDBM.
- Berkeley DB_File available (v1.72)
- DBI enabled (v1.14), available drivers:
- So, since I followed all the instructions I believe that error must
be some place else.
- Can you help me, please?
- Leonel Joao Silva
- Information Systems Manager
- SDM - SOCIEDADE DE DESENVOLVIMENTO DA MADEIRA, S.A.
- The Concessionaire of Madeira's International Business Centre
- SDM Building
- Rua da Mouraria 9, 1st floor
- 9000-047 Funchal
- MADEIRA * PORTUGAL
- Tel: 351.291.201333
- Fax: 351.291.201399