[ic] Removing expired files and directory from /session and /tmp

jojo@buchonline.net jojo@buchonline.net
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:59:31 +0100 (CET)

Hi list,

I can use bin/expired to remove the files. But it removes the files
from /session only and not all the empty directories too. There a lot
of old files in /tmp too. I know, I can use a command like

find /catalogs/catname/tmp -type f -mtime +1 | xargs rm

or

find /catalogs/catname/tmp -type d -mtime +1 | xargs rm

to remove the files or directory. But I'm not sure about the directory

/tmp/addr_ctr
and
/tmp/retired

The name "retired" seems to me, I can remove all directories and files
inside that directory "/tmp/retired". Right?

What is the best way to clean up all expired files _and_ directory from
/session _and_ /tmp?

Thank you very mutch!

Joachim

--