[ic] "Interchange server only runs for a while, then dies"

Hans-Joachim Leidinger hans-joachim.leidinger@home.gelsen-net.de
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:15:36 +0100

Jonathan Melhuish wrote:

> I have exactly this problem - even though the server runs OK and the
> user that initiated the server remains logged in, the process dies after
> just a minute or so!
>
> The FAQ says "ask your ISP", but how about if I'm running my own
> server?  It's PC-based, running Apache on Mandrake Linux 7.0.  I am
> attempting the run Interchange 4.6.
>
> I suppose it will probably be some simple explanation, but you'll have
> to forgive my ignorance as I am a newbie to Interchange and relitavely
> new to Linux.
>
> Jon

Did you get any message in your error.log files?
Did you get a message with "died in select..." or something similar?
Do you have another language setting (for example german, french,
spanisch, etc.?) in your OS instead of english?

Joachim

--
-------------Hans-Joachim Leidinger---------------------