[ic] GUI again :)

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 13:29:05 -0500

Hey Jon,
  I was wondering about using the Akopia logo as part of the GUI I am working
on? I have a decent start on the project at least for straight text edit of
things. Here is what I have so far. On init I am searching the hd for
interchange.cfg and returning all of them in a dialog box for user to choose
from providing there is more than 1. If there is only one we skip opening dialog
box. At this point we take the info from the cfg file to build an array of
catalogs on the machine. This gets funneled into an area on the far left with
tabs. Each tab shows a complete directory tree for that cat.

Center section has a 4 layer deal which the first layer is for WYSIWYG editing
of site pieces (no where close to operational) the second is a text editor, the
third is basically a spreadsheet for editing of flat files and the 4th will be a
perl builder. The far right column will hold pieces for page builds. Drag and
drop on the WYSIWYG area and that part is in place. Anyway since it is being
done with strictly IC in mind I was hoping you would say ok to using the logo. I
will not release any versions without Akopia approval that has your logo on it.

I was really rollin along until last night when I had a new thought so
I scrapped my original main program and rewrote it a bit. Added a few features
hopefully making it more user friendly.

Have a great day
Steve